Skip to content Skip to navigation

Pilik memorial football from July 16

Pilik Choudhury Memorial Football U-14 yrs. (Boys), Dewkon Memorial Football U – 17 yrs. (Boys), and 3rd Inter District School Girls Football Tournament U-17 (Girls), 2015-16 will be held at Guwahati from July 16-20, 2015. The Champion Team in each category will qualify to represent Assam State in the ensuing Subroto Cup Football Tournament, 2015 to be held at New Delhi during September and October this year. 

All the District Sports Officers are requested to complete the District level Inter School Football Tournament, 2015 within 10th July, 2015 and submit the list of District Champion School Teams to the Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam within 12th July, 2015 positively by e-mail - dsywassam2011@gmail.com or Fax - 0361-2234537. 

 

Author info

Raktim Baruah's picture

Journalist based in Guwahati. Mobile: 9706390337. Email: raktimbaruah20@gmail.com

Add new comment

Republish

Republish this content

Police constable commits suicide

15 Mar 2017 - 8:46am | Shajid Khan

A 3rd APBN Police constable posted at the Panery PS of Udalguri allegedly committed suicide on Tuesday evening at about 8.30 pm by shooting himself in the barrack room. The deceased, identified as 38-year-old constable Ramen Borah , shot himself with his service INSAS rifle, said a senior police officer. The constable had shot 1 round which pierced through his head ventilating through the ceiling of the barrack room. He was rushed to Tangla CHC where doctors declared him brought dead. The deceased is a resident of Pulibor Gondhia Gaon of Jorhat district. His body has been sent for post-mortem at Udalguri Civil Hospital. Police are inquiring into the case.

Cong, BJP politicizing flood scene

21 Aug 2015 - 5:46pm | AT News

Both Congress and BJP are politicizing the flood fury of Assam rendering more than 3 lakh people in 13 districts of the state.  

Assam Congress president Anjan Dutta on Friday came down heavily on Union minister Sarbananda Sonowal accusing that the Union minister of shedding crocodile tears in the time of flood.

Addressing a press conference in Guwahati, Dutta said that the NDA government has done precious little to the mitigate the flood misery.

“Dispur sent a proposal to the Centre asking for Rs 35 crore to manage the post flood situation in 2014. But the Centre has so far released Rs 3 crore to wash its hands off,” said Dutta.

He further said that the party would block the National Highways for one hour across the state on Monday alleging lack of Centre’s concern.

Hunger strike called off

16 Mar 2017 - 2:34am | AT Kokrajhar Bureau

The ABSU and it’s allied movement groups NDFB(P),PJACBM have called off the fast unto death indefinite hunger strike after 120-hours on its day six in Kokrajhar today.

 Promod Boro,president of ABSU declared the called off hunger strike after having a glass of lemon juice by Prof Kemanta Kumar Baruah,vice-chancellore of Bodoland Univerity in the presence of huge gathering at 9 am in the morning.

The Bodo groups, which were demanding a separate Bodoland state, this morning called off their indefinite hunger strike in Kokrajhar today, after receiving a letter yesterday evening from the state home and political department through the Kokrajhar deputy commissioner. The letter had assured the groups that tripartite political talks would be held by April 14 between the state and central governments and the Bodo groups. The Bodo leaders replied yesterday evening through the deputy commissioner, mentioning their decision to call off the hunger strike and as per decision today called off the hunger strike.

  Altogether 1000 activists from the All Bodo Students' Union (ABSU), People's Joint Action Committee for Bodoland Movement (PJACBM) and the National Democratic Front of Boroland (Progressive) had been on the hunger strike since March 10 which crossed 120 hours on its day six.

 Promod Boro,presidet ABSU after taking juice glass said that they(ABSU and movement groups) called off the hunger strike on respect of government’s assurance for holding tripartite talks in April next month.He said that declared agitation programmes would carried out for seeking Bodoland state,which included women's 4 hour Maha dharna in every district headquarters on March 24, 100 hours national highway blockade,railway blockade from first week of April next.He has urged governments to take stern steps while solving long standing demnad of Bodoland state through political dialogue as soon possible.

Dhiren Boro,president of NDFB(P) said the movement groups called off the hunger strike,but we will continue our agitation till achieve of our goal.He has demanded early solution of Bodoland issues.

 Bibekananda Choudhury,Kokrajhar DC said that the government has been initiating good step to hold tripartite talk by April 14 next over the issues of Bodoland demands of which why yesterday sent a letter to the agitated groups.The movement groups accepted the letter and called off the hunger strike.He has extended his best wishes to all members who were on fasting for six days,expresses his hopeful that the gpverment will be holding tripartite talks on political level to solve Bodoland issues.

  Former MPs Urkhao Gwra Brahma, Sansuma Khunggur Bwiswmuthiary,Rajen Singh,SP Kokrajhar; BTC MCLAs maoti Brahma,Nirmal Basumatary, UPPL leader Pradip Kumar Daimary were prominent attendees on the calling off ceremony of the hunger strike.