Skip to content Skip to navigation

Gogoi visits NC hills

Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi says the government would strictly deal with the law and order situation in the North Cachar even by deploying more security forces in the hills district. During his visit to the trouble torn district on Friday, the Chief Minister has reviewed law and order situation with top ranked civil and police officials in the hills district and announced that the trains would resume its services soon. He also visited Maibong and talked to the affected people and announced a Rs 3 lakh ex-gratia each to the family members of those left dead in the incidents.

Comments

rohit's picture

Respected people of Assam, I don't know why we are neglected by government. Tarun gogoi has announce 3 lakhs for those victims who where killed in the recent violence in N C HIlls.. but we don't want money sir, but peace and political solution..the government neither is negotiating or taking stern action against the the culprits..WHY? Are u we not the citizens of ASSAM? ARE we not Citizen of India.? I really wonder why the government has no interest in cleaning the mess.. the culprits r getting stronger and stronger as each day pass..the militants of both tribes are unwanted..government should take action against them. or should we understand that you dont care..if it is then it will be problem for both of us ..as we general citizen will wipe out all the enemies may be militants or the government..till we live..thank u rohit
Hill's Friend's picture

The first serious step is to talk with DHD, the cease fire group. This group is in ceasefire for more than 9 years without any talk . The leaders of DHD cease fire are to be blame more than the other fraction as the other fraction came out as the Nunisa group has not talk with any government. The people who are in the ceasefire designated camp they are having a good time with collecting tax apart from some package from the government.The congress government would never want to talk as they will need the support from the situation to come to power again as the condition of the congress is not good now in N C Hills.

Pages

Add new comment

Other Contents by Author

Moran : Suspected ULFA activists hurled a bomb at Moran in front of Mahabir Bhawan under Moranhat PS. No casualities have been reported so far.
Celebrating freedom is a basic human right. But the people of Assam or the northeast for that matter have been deprived of this joyous occasion for so long that it has lost its charm completely. The shadow of guns have always prohibited the people to let their hair down freely on these special days be it a Republic Day or an Independence Day.When the entire nation erupts in joy celebrating these days of national significance Assam watches waiting on the sidelines awaiting a day when it too can partake in the festivities.The people are unable to exercise their basic rights freely due to the decree of rebel organizations. As expected a series of serial bombings across the state marred the...
Assam Association, Delhi has celebrated the 61st Independence day at their Cultural Centre Srimanta Sankaradeva Bhawan located at Qutub Institutional Area. This was the second consecutive year that the association has been celebrating the occasion.The National Flag was unfurled jointly by the President and General Secretary. Speaking on the occasion, the President Mr. A Barua said that this is a very historic occasion as India celebrates its Diamond jubilee year of independence. It was in the same year a few people from Assam formed the 'Assam Sangha"- which later was renamed as "Assam Association, Delhi". India has made tremendous progress against many odds. It is growing...
Guwahati: To mark the 61st anniversary of Indian Independence Day, a function was organized on the campus of the Guwahati Press Club on Wednesday. On the occasion, the National flag was hoisted by noted litterateur Nirupama Borgohain and veteran journalist Dhirendranath Chakrabarty led the rituals of paying tributes to the martyrs of the freedom struggle. The function was organized in response to the call given by 16 journalists, who asked the people of the State to celebrate the Independence Day defying the diktats of the militants.Hoisting the flag, Ms Borgohain underlined the significance of Independence Day celebrations in today's context and she called upon the young generations...
New Delhi : The President has approved Kirti Chakra award to Shri Tarun Kumar Dutta (Guwahati) posthumously. Shri Tarun Kumar Dutta, Senior Intelligence Officer of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Guwahati. He was a brave officer who was actively involved in the checking of smuggling of drugs in Shillong region. He was made a target by the drug mafia and killed on 12 September, 2006 at Guwahati. The other Kirti Chakra winners are Capt Abhinav Handa of 9 Maratha Light Infantry and Lt. Pankaj Kumar of 7/11 Gorkha Rifles. Dutta, originaly an Inspector of Central Excise was on deputation to Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, which works under the jurisdiction of Central Board of Excise...
Guwahati : A 12 hour long statewide Assam bandh disrupted normal life in the state from early in the morning. The Bandh was called by a forum of 12 political parties to protest against the killings of Hindi-speaking people by the ULFA and KLNLF militants in Karbi Anglong district. The Bandh is total and barring a few stray incidents, the situation is reported to be normal. Schools, colleges, banks and other commercial establishments remain closed and the government, semi government and private offices registered thin attendance. Very few vehicles are plying on the streets and all long distance buses are lying idle. A few state transport buses are on the streets and that too with police...
New Delhi : Though it is hard to believe, an India Air Force team recovered the dead body of an Assamese airman, who had gone missing thirty years back from Chandrabhaga peak of Himachal Pradesh on 2nd of August. The airman has been identified as Mahendra Nath Phukan of Sivsagar district in upper Assam. Altogether three dead bodies have been recovered from the site. All the three had gone missing since February 7, 1968 after the IAF plane that they were travelling in crashed near the 20,500-foot high Chandrabhaga peak in Himachal Pradesh. The dead bodies had been located in a remote Himalayan valley and flown to Chandigarh air base, a Defence Ministry spokesperson said on last Friday....
Guwahati : Security forces have decided to launch joint operations against ULFA and KLNLF militants according to well-placed government sources This is obvious, as militants had killed 34 Hindi speaking people in the last five days in Karbi Anglong. Earlier a meeting of the Strategic Group of Unified Command Structure held at Guwahati today discussed about the situation and decided to send 15 more company Para-military forces to Karbi Anglong immediately. Assam chief Minister Tarun Gogoi presided over this meeting, where Special Secretary (Internal Security) of the ministry of Home Affairs, M L Kumwat, and Director NE of the ministry A K Goel, DG, BSF, A K Mitra and his CRPF counterpart...
Guwahati : Three Bihari organizations, Akhil Assam Bhojpuri Yuba Chatra Parishad, Akhil Assam Bihari Yuba Manch and Purbottar Hindustani sammelan have called a 12-hour ‘Assam Bandh` on 14th August to protest the killings of Hindi-speaking people in the Karbi Anglong by ULFA and KLNLF in last week. Twelve other political parties also joined their hands and have called a 12-hour bandh separately on the same day. The parties are Asom Gana Parishad Pragatisheel (AGP-P), Assam United Democratic Front (AUDF), CPI and CPI (M). The Kamrup Chamber of Commerce (KCC) has also declared support to the bandh
NEW DELHI: The UAE Govt has launched a scheme for granting amnesty to foreigners who are illegally staying in the country. The scheme was launched to give a chance to all foreigners illegally staying in the country to regularize their status. Till date according to the Ministry of External Affairs more that 28,000 Indians have returned to The Indian consulate general in Dubai informed in a statement that it had already distributed around 19,100 of the 40,000 Indian passports received from immigration authorities. It may be mentioned that most of these people are contract labourers who come for a particular period of time. The consulate also said it had delivered 31,500 emergency...