A devastating fire that broke out in Dispur has reduced to ashes a part of the Janata Bhawan on Wednesday evening.
According to information, the fire broke out at around 6 in the evening from a room and later it was dispersing rapidly to other rooms before taking a ravaging turn. As many as fifty fire tenders have been called to extinguish the fire but by then the the situation was going out of control.
According to RTI commissioner Dr B K Gohain, the Right to Information cell has been completely ravged n not even as file has been spared.
Moreover, the chambers of Nurjamal Sarkar, law minister Pranab Gogoi, parliament secretries Sarat Saikia, Bidya Singfh Inglng have been reduced to ashes in the major fire.
The authorities have yet to ascertained the reasons behind the ravaging fire that has reduced the seat of power to ashes. Initially, electric short circuit is said to be the source of the ravaging fire but a high level probe will be able to unearth the truth behind the fire.
Photo: UB Photos