Skip to content Skip to navigation

NIA to probe BTAD violence: Gogoi

The Assam Government has recommended NIA probe into the BTAD violence where at least 33 people were killed.

Talking to reporters after the cabinet meeting in Dispur, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said that this is a fit case for NIA probe.

Gogoi said that his government has sought extra forces from the Centre apart from Cobra forces to firmly deal with the situation.

Comments

mohan's picture

Dr MMS is the MP from Assam and he should take the moral responsibilty for the violence. The UPA and state government who had been ruling for the last 10 years must be blamed for such butchery. But Congress sees only shadow of Modi on anything. The Congress leaders leaders who used to revel in the luxury and comforts in Delhi offices were always apathetic towards the violence in Kashmir and  Punjab during the 1970's and 1980's. The secular leaders were more philosohical and much less practical in understanding the problems of people in all parts of the country. There was similar violence in 2012 in NE. Then the government should have take precautionary measures to avert the occurance of similar incidents. When there is NO capable ruler or leader at the centre, the state governments will also follow the anarchy. "Yatha Raja Thatha Praja" means "AS THE RULER SO THE RULED". If the king of the country is of good character, with good heart and always thinking of well-being of his subjects, and if he is a spiritual thinker and peaceful minded, his subjects will be like him in all these ways too

Pages

Add new comment

Other Contents by Author

Over 50 people have fallen ill after having prasad at a religious function organized in Kamrup district on Sunday. The local residents in Rangiya had gathered at a house in Nabapur village in Rani area for a religious function and ate sprouted grams which was offered as 'prasad' on Saturday night. The ailing people complained of stomach ache, vomiting and other symptoms related to food poisoning and were admitted to Rani primary health centre. The condition of ten persons, including some children, was stated to be serious and they have been shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital. The Kamrup district administration has ordered an inquiry into the incident and the food...
Tension is simmering in Diphu after two persons were killed in police firing in violence in the agitation for a separate Karbi Anglong on the lines of Telangana which also spurred GJM on Thursday to call for an indefinite bandh in Darjeeling from Saturday for Gorkhaland.As large-scale arson broke out, the Army, called in on Wednesday, was on stand by to assist the Karbi Anglong district administration with police and paramilitary forces on patrol.
Amid simmering tension police fired in the air near the All India Radio building after agitators set ablaze satellite dishes halting broadcast and relay and torched a waiting room constructed of wood. One person Gautam Timung was killed in police firing taking the death toll to two in Karbi Anglong district with statehood agitators defying indefinite curfew and targeting All India Radio and other public buildings in Diphu over the demand for a separate state carved out of two Assam districts.
Guwahati slips into a reign of terror amid fear of ULFA attacks when a powerful bomb explosion rattled the city on Sunday evening leaving atleast 8 people injured. The explosion took place in front of the Hotel Geetanjali near the Paltanbazar Police station. The injured have been sent to the hospital. The entire area is still being cordoned off to nab the miscreants. The number of injured people is expected to rise. Eyewitnesses saw two motorcycle born miscreants hurling the grenade just before it went off with a huge sound.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said that ULFA was trying to strike in many form only to make its presence felt.Addressing a press conference, Gogoi said that external forces were working behind the outfit. But, he was quick to observe that the strength of the insurgents has declined. He said, “we are resilient and the security forces have foiled many attempts.”
he definition of crime has expanded to various fields like child-trafficking and cyber crime, the police force needed to be trained to handle such cases, said Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.Talking to reporters in Guwahati on Saturday, Gogoi said that police are fully controlled insurgency compared to many state police.
Chief minister Tarun Gogoi said that a task-force would be set up within a month to look into the modernisation of the police and to control terror incidents.Addressing a press conference in Guwahati, Gogoi said, “We are going to constitute a committee. It will be a task-force. It will deal with the issues of how to modernise the police and how to contain such incidents.” The task-force was likely to have members from various security agencies like police and army, besides prominent public figures.
Dispur has alerted all districts to keep a strict vigil, he accused the banned outfit of getting help from destabilizing peace and development in the state. The police have arrested four persons, including an ULFA cadre and three surrendered members of the outfit for the Lakhimpur incident. Another militant, who was tasked with carrying out a blast in Dibrugarh surrendered. Six persons were injured in a grenade blast at a busy market area in Bokolia town in Karbi Anglong district.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday reviewed the state’s overall law and order situation in view of the recent bombing in Lakhimpur and Karbi Anglong. He asked DGP JN Chaudhury to ensure that ULFA militant cannot explode any bomb. Talking to reporters at Koinadhara, Chauhury said that police forces would be on maximum alert till the Independence Day.
Kamrup district administration has imposed section 144 of CrPC in the district after state home department sounded high alert across the state. ULFA militants had exploded two grenades at North Lakhimpur town on July 23, where five people were injured.