Skip to content Skip to navigation

NIA to probe BTAD violence: Gogoi

The Assam Government has recommended NIA probe into the BTAD violence where at least 33 people were killed.

Talking to reporters after the cabinet meeting in Dispur, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said that this is a fit case for NIA probe.

Gogoi said that his government has sought extra forces from the Centre apart from Cobra forces to firmly deal with the situation.

Comments

mohan's picture

Dr MMS is the MP from Assam and he should take the moral responsibilty for the violence. The UPA and state government who had been ruling for the last 10 years must be blamed for such butchery. But Congress sees only shadow of Modi on anything. The Congress leaders leaders who used to revel in the luxury and comforts in Delhi offices were always apathetic towards the violence in Kashmir and  Punjab during the 1970's and 1980's. The secular leaders were more philosohical and much less practical in understanding the problems of people in all parts of the country. There was similar violence in 2012 in NE. Then the government should have take precautionary measures to avert the occurance of similar incidents. When there is NO capable ruler or leader at the centre, the state governments will also follow the anarchy. "Yatha Raja Thatha Praja" means "AS THE RULER SO THE RULED". If the king of the country is of good character, with good heart and always thinking of well-being of his subjects, and if he is a spiritual thinker and peaceful minded, his subjects will be like him in all these ways too

Pages

Add new comment

Other Contents by Author

Chief minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday straightly denied evidence to prove AIUDF’s link with jihadi elements in Assam a day after a private satellite channel broke the story quoting an intelligence report prepared in 2008.Talking to reporters in New Delhi after his meeting with home minister Rajnath Singh, Gogoi said that his government was contemplating to hand over the probe of the Barpeta case to NIA, in which six persons were arrested in connection with the October 2 blast in West Bengal's Burdwan town.He said," Any anti-national activity, whether jehadi or terrorist activities.Those who indulged in anti-national activities, jehadi activities or terrorist activities, they should be...
The All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) asked the government to firmly deal with the Islamic fundamentalists, including the Al-Qaeda, and the illegal Bangla migrants who have been sponsoring these dangerous elements.In a statement, the state’s influential student body demanded a high-level inquiry into the report telecast by a national television channel alleging involvement of Badruddin Ajmal, who is an MP from the State, in the training process of the jehadis in Bangladesh.AASU alleged that because of the weakness of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi towards Bangladesh, the State is facing the imperious behaviour of illegal Bangla migrants and activities of Islamic fundamentalists.
NorthEast United FC played Delhi Dynamos FC played in Indian Super League match at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi on Wednesday with a goalless draw. NorthEast United FC captain Miguel Garcia gets a yellow card during match 16 of the Hero Indian Super League between The Delhi Dynamos FC and NorthEast United FC held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi, India on the 29th October 2014. Photo by: Ron Gaunt/ ISL/ SPORTZPICS      NorthEast United FC Fans during match 16 of the Hero Indian Super League between The Delhi Dynamos FC and NorthEast United FC held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi, India on the 29th October 2014. Photo by:...
AIUDF president Badaruddin Ajmal threatens legal action NewsX a day after the private satellite channel broke the story of his link with the Jihadi elements in Bangladesh.Addressing a crowded press conference at the party headquarters in Guwahati on Wednesday, Ajmal said that the story was total false and fabricated and that it was a conspiracy to malign him and his party in view of the growing popularity a year ahead of the assembly polls.Ajmal said that the IB report in question was totally false and flawed.  
The Centre has asked both Assam and Nagaland to maintain status quo on the vexed border issue that has been confronting both the north eastern states for the last several decades.Centre’s strong message came up when Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and his Nagaland counterpart TR Zeliang met Union home minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi on Wednesday. Singh said that efforts are on to break the impasse and that it would be possible if both the states cooperate with the Centre.Gogoi and Zeliang apprised Singh of the latest situation along the Assam-Nagaland border in the wake of the violence in Golaghat district where at last 15 people were killed and over 200 houses were torched by...
BJP on Wednesday demands probe into AIUDF’s alleged links with Bangladeshi jihadi elements mongering trouble in different parts of the country a day after a national channel broke the story. Party MP Bijoya Chakravartty told reporters in Guwahati that a thorough probe is required on the serious allegations based on the IB report. "Personally, I do not believe that Ajmal has gone to such an extent. That’s why, the probe is required and the government should take action accordingly," she told reporters. Taking potshot at Congress, she said that the ruling party in Assam has been allowing jihadis to grow in the state.
A US team is on a visit to Assam to find out the mortal remains of their four soldiers who died in air crash during the World War II. Led by David Gooch, the team under the banner of Joint Prisoners of War/Missing in Action Accounting Command is visiting Sivasagar district.The focus of attention is a tiny village in Charaideo where the US team along with the officials of archeological survey of India is searching the remains of the US soldiers. The team starts search operation from Wednesday till November 5. The mortal remains, if found, would be handed over to the family members.The crash took place on June 26 in 1944 when the US war plane crashed with eleven soldiers in Kothiakhunda...
JACAS leaders are likely to land in trouble if they refuse to call off the "uncompromising" 1000-hour long paralyzing bandh in Karbi Anglong and Dima Hasao which further compounds the situation in Manipur and Nagaland.Sources told Assam Times that the district administration has asked the agitating organization to call off the general strike or to face contempt of court. If the agitators refuse to bend, they would face the contempt of court. The Supreme Court had banned strikes and defiance will attract contempt of court.The Karbi Along and Dima Hasao district administrations met the district council officials along with political parties and organisations who have been dead opposed to the...
Assam-Nagaland border row and the on going 1000 hour long Karbi Anglong and Dima Hasao bandh are set to dominate Rajnath Singh’s meeting with Tarun Gogoi and TR Zeliaing in New Delhi today. The Union home minister is scheduled to meet the chief minister duo later today to break the deadlock.Chief minister Gogoi has been camping in the capital for the last couple of days. His Nagaland counterpart has also arrived in New Delhi to attend the meeting. After this crucial meeting, Gogoi is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi to apprise him of the stare’s overall scenario.
The Assam Human Rights Commission directed Dispur to set up constitute a high level committee to probe the recent road mishap in Koliabor where nine persons dead and 26 others injured. A single bench of the commission comprising member Tarun Phookan issued notice to Chief Secretary on Tuesday when it took suo moto cognizance of a news report on the mishap where the Assam State Transport Corporation bus bearing No AS-20-1436 fell into a deep gorge at Uluwoni near the Kaliabhomora Bridge on the Brahmaputra in Nagaon at around 1.30 A.M enroute Guwahati from North Lakhimpur. The Government had already ordered for an enquiry to be conducted departmentally into the said bus disaster...