Lower Subansiri Hydro-Electric project
The construction of Lower Subansiri Lower Hhydro-Electric Project is going on at Gerukamukg, Dhemaji district bordering Arunachal Pradesh. It is the biggest hydroelectric project undertaken in India so far and is a run of river scheme on river Subansiri. The Project is located near North Lakhimpur on the border of Assam and Aruncachal Pradesh. The nearest railhead is Nagaon and nearest airport is Lilabari. The estimated annual energy generation from the Project is 7421 MU in a 90% dependable year.
|Location||Located in lower Subansiri/Dhemaji Distt. (Arunachal Pradesh & Assam)|
|Approach||Nearest Rail Head is Nagaon & Nearest Airport is Guwahati|
|Capacity||2000 MW (8x250 MW)|
|Annual Generation||7421 MU ( 90% dependable year)|
|Project Cost||Rs.6285.33 Crores (December 2002 Price Level)|
|Year of Commissioning/Completion Schedule||January 2012 (Anticipated)|
- A concrete gravity dam 116 m high from river bed level.
- Head Race Tunnel - 8 Nos. 9.5 m dia, Horse shoe shaped having a length from 630 to 1145 m.
- Pressure Shaft-8 No, Horse shoe/circular shaped varying dia. of 9.5m-7.0m and length 192m to 215m.
- Surface power house to accommodate 8 units of Francis turbines of 250 MW capacity each.
- Tail race channel, 206 m x 35 m (W x L)
(As on 31.08.2007)
- Diversion Tunnel heading excavation completed, 99.35% Benching excavation, 72.46% Overt lining and 84.97% Overt lining completed.
- 37.15% adit to Surge Chamber excavation and 57.40% Surge Chamber excavation completed.
- 97.21% PH excavation and 2.83% PH concreting has been completed.
- HRT excavation, E&M and HM Works are in progress.
Data source: NHPC web site: http://www.nhpcindia.com/Projects/English/Scripts/Prj_Features.aspx?Vid=23
14 Aug 2010 - 2:32pm | pallavibarua
A decade back, when in my mid-teens, I went on a trip to Kameng in neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh. I knew that my generation had been very successfully indoctrinated with the concept of Indian...
27 Nov 2013 - 10:12am | AT News
Despite stepped up security measures, Golaghat town has turned into a den of criminals. In a sensational incident, a gang of dacoits looted the Digambor Jain temple after killing the...
7 May 2010 - 5:02am | Peter Alex Todd
The very next day after the NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary was produced in the CJM court, in Guwahati, I got a call from my office to do a story with an alert that a mail has been forwarded to me to...