Lower Subansiri Hydro-Electric project
The construction of Lower Subansiri Lower Hhydro-Electric Project is going on at Gerukamukg, Dhemaji district bordering Arunachal Pradesh. It is the biggest hydroelectric project undertaken in India so far and is a run of river scheme on river Subansiri. The Project is located near North Lakhimpur on the border of Assam and Aruncachal Pradesh. The nearest railhead is Nagaon and nearest airport is Lilabari. The estimated annual energy generation from the Project is 7421 MU in a 90% dependable year.
|Location||Located in lower Subansiri/Dhemaji Distt. (Arunachal Pradesh & Assam)|
|Approach||Nearest Rail Head is Nagaon & Nearest Airport is Guwahati|
|Capacity||2000 MW (8x250 MW)|
|Annual Generation||7421 MU ( 90% dependable year)|
|Project Cost||Rs.6285.33 Crores (December 2002 Price Level)|
|Year of Commissioning/Completion Schedule||January 2012 (Anticipated)|
- A concrete gravity dam 116 m high from river bed level.
- Head Race Tunnel - 8 Nos. 9.5 m dia, Horse shoe shaped having a length from 630 to 1145 m.
- Pressure Shaft-8 No, Horse shoe/circular shaped varying dia. of 9.5m-7.0m and length 192m to 215m.
- Surface power house to accommodate 8 units of Francis turbines of 250 MW capacity each.
- Tail race channel, 206 m x 35 m (W x L)
(As on 31.08.2007)
- Diversion Tunnel heading excavation completed, 99.35% Benching excavation, 72.46% Overt lining and 84.97% Overt lining completed.
- 37.15% adit to Surge Chamber excavation and 57.40% Surge Chamber excavation completed.
- 97.21% PH excavation and 2.83% PH concreting has been completed.
- HRT excavation, E&M and HM Works are in progress.
Data source: NHPC web site: http://www.nhpcindia.com/Projects/English/Scripts/Prj_Features.aspx?Vid=23
25 May 2012 - 12:02am | editor
Assam and Meghalaya are all set to hold a high level meeting on Thursday to defuse the simmering tension in Langpih. The meeting is slated to be held in the chief secretary level in Guwahati to...
7 Sep 2013 - 12:17am | Syed Miraz Ahmed
Several environmentally ‘unfriendly’ projects in Assam and other Northeast Indian States are being touted as sustainable, receiving funds under the United Nation’s Clean Development Mechanism,...
15 Apr 2012 - 11:35pm | editor
Assam greeted Shiva Thapa on his return to home in Guwahati on Sunday. The boxing sensation received heroic welcome as he landed at the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport at 9 on...