A UGC sponsored national seminar on 'Srimanta Sankaradeva as an Innovator' will be held on August 21-22, 2015. The seminar is being organized with the aim of highlighting the innovative works of Srimanta Sankaradeva. His innovations in the socio-cultural arena is the main theme of the seminar.
The Sub-themes of the Seminar are :
- Srimanta Sankaradeva founded a new social order.
- Srimanta Sankaradeva’s legacy has ensured ethnic integration in Assam.
- Srimanta Sankaradeva’s legacy is fine-tuned with the peasant economy of Assam.
- Srimanta Sankaradeva’s followers introduced micro-financing in Assam.
- Srimanta Sankaradeva innovated a new knowledge management system.
- Srimanta Sankaradeva influenced literature and culture in Northern India.
- Srimanta Sankaradeva created new schools of dance, music and painting.
- Srimanta Sankaradeva innovated local self administration.
Conveners of the seminar are Joy Kr Singha, Associate Professor, ADP College (email - firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone- 9435317745) and Dr Milan Neog, , Assistant Professor, ADP College (email - email@example.com, Phone - 98540 33484). Abstract of the papers have to be sent before June 15, 2015. Papers may be written in either Assamese or English. Selected researchers have to send full papers by July 31. Selected papers will be published in an ISBN title. The authors will get a free copy of it. Details of the event can be seen at www.sankaradeva.com and www.adpcollege.in.
Add new comment