The pioneer news magazine of North East India, Eastern Panorama has announced the Fourth Panorama Fellowship for the students of the region.
Eastern Panorama, which is celebrating 20 years of its existence, invites students of any stream of the region to send a one-page synopsis on one of the proposed themes. Three students will be selected for the Fellowship and will be asked to write an article (around 3000 words) on that proposed issues. These students will be awarded a financial support of Rs. 10,000 each along with certificates.
The proposed themes include:
1. ‘The fruitfulness of district councils in Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram etc, are the common people being benefited by these ‘State under State’ practices?’
2. ‘Will ‘Right To Recall (of MLA and MP)’ help provide good governance in India?’
3. ‘The growing Climate (Change) Refugees in Bangladesh may emerge as a major problem in North East India, as more and more homeless Bangladeshis may migrate to our region’
4. ‘The alternate media, which is emerging in a big way in our country, may change the face of journalism forever. The availability of information through internet (facebook, twitter etc) will enlighten the general people as much as the media persons’
5. ‘Encouraging rain water harvesting in our region, we should be able to harvest rain water and use this for ourselves, volumes of packaged rain water may even be exported for earning revenue in the future’. Interested students may send their synopsis of the proposed articles along with their CVs to the office of Eastern Panorama, Keating Road, Shillong, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 30, 2011. The results will be declared on December 15, 2011.
Add new comment