Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Food poisoning: over 100 taken ill after consuming botched gram in sivasagar

At least 150 people have been taken ill after they had consumed botched gram and pulse in Sivasagar district on Sunday. The incident took place near Sonari in Charaideo subdivision a day after they consumed prasad of gram and pulse served at a religious function. They were rushed to the hospital as soon as they started vomitting and complained of severe stomach pain. The seriously ailing persons have been referred to the Sivasagar civil hospital while others are undergoing treatment at the Nazira subdivisional hospital.

Author info

editor's picture

Please send your comments to editor@assamtimes.org

Add new comment

Republish

Republish this content

Random Stories

Beware Cong, BJP, AGP

19 Mar 2015 - 1:14pm | AT News
The emergence of one after another political party seems to have changed the political landscape in Assam a year ahead of the assembly polls. It would hurt AGP and BJP’s poll prospect which is enough...

Murder at Dimakuchi

25 Apr 2016 - 10:52pm | Shajid Khan
Sensation prevails in the area following the killing of one Jairam Thikda by his fellow friend Agartosh Kerkata at Nalapara under Dimakuchi PS of Udalguri on the night of Satrurday last. Reportedly...

Freedom Fighter Pani Ram Das critically ill

29 Nov 2010 - 5:03am | editor
Noted Gandhian and freedom fighter Pani Ram Das of Kalaigaon has been shifted to ICU at International Hospital in Guwahati in critical condition yesterday afternoon at 4 pm.Earlier he was admitted to...