One after another incidents of fire seem to have rocked Guwahati during the last couple of days. Properties worth lakhs of rupees were ravaged when the college of veterinary science in Guwhati caught fire on Monday.
The fire which is believed to have originated from the electric short circuit broke out in the microbiology department of the college at 10 at night.
Five fire tenders took it three hours to bring the situation under control. There is no report of any casualty.
The incident took place 24 hours after a heritage building owned by former President of India Fakaruddin Ali Ahmed was gutted in fire in Fancy Bazar area.
18 Mar 2014 - 11:14am | AT News
Its yet another blow for AIUDF. Dr Pervez Ali Ahmed has joined TMC to contest from Barpeta. That too a day after the AUIDF announced his name as a candidate from Silchar.According to information,...
25 Aug 2017 - 10:55am | Shajid Khan
The freshmen social of Tangla College for the year 2017 was held at the college premises on Thursday where the new students were introduced to the old ones. The ceremony was followed by an...
10 Oct 2014 - 2:28pm | AT News
Sensation prevails in Tezpur after a police officer allegedly committed suicide on Friday. The incident was believed to have taken place in the wee hours where senior police officer Naren Talukdar...