TANGLA, May 20: In an unfortunate turn of event a 32 year old reputed businessman Roshan Patowary an inhabitant of Ward No. 4 of Tangla town in Udalguri district was electrocuted to death while fitting an inverter battery at his residence at about 8 pm on Tuesday night.
Neighbours witnessed the body of the youth lying in the verandah of the house on Wednesday morning and informed police.
"The deceased was the son of Late Om Prakash Patowary ,we have informed the family members who resides in Guwahati as he was living alone and was propietor of M/S Om Trading dealing in Cooking Gas Appliances in Tangla town" said a neighbour.
A sub-inspector of Tangla Police Station, Upen Chandra Barman said ," The victim's body was found lying in the thresold of the door of the house and electrocution is suspected to be the immediate cause of his death. There is a visible injury in the index finger of the right hand. We have retrieved the body in the presence of an executive magistrate and will send it for post-mortem to ascertain the cause of the death."
The incident has casted a pall of gloom in the entire Tangla town and scores of his friends have paid tributes to the youth on his untimely demise.
Various socio-cultural organizations including Marwari Yuva Mancha ,Tangla Press Club have also condoled his untimely demise.
Add new comment