Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Business establishment catches fire

GUWAHATI:Properties worth several crores have been reduced to ashes when a ravaging fire broke out in Fancy Bazar in Guwahati on Tuesday.

The incident took place at a goodwon which caught fire early in the morning. The initial reason is said to be electric short circuit.

Five fire fighters took nearly three hours to bring the situation under control. Police investigation is going on and the owner said the real extent of damage has yet to be ascertained.

Author info

AT News's picture

Assam Times Staff

Add new comment

Republish

Republish this content

More Stories

Repeal or amend AFSPA

20 Jun 2015 - 4:05pm | Bg Gogoi
The country has not followed the recommendation to repeal or amend AFSPA to ensure that the legislation regarding the use of force is brought in line with international human rights law. The...

Assam in grip of AIDS

30 Nov 2016 - 8:30pm | AT News
The killer AIDS seems to have taken a deep grip in Assam with 928 new HIV cases. According to the statistics available with the Assam State AIDS Control Society (ASACS), the disturbing scene has...

Voters found their names omitted

24 Dec 2007 - 10:13am | Dibya J Borthakur
Not less than 176 voters under Baghara Gaon Panchayat will be deprived from casting vote in the ensuing Panchayat polls in Morigaon district.According to sources, the names of the villagers of...