Skip to content Skip to navigation

HS Exam results '08: a ten-year high performance

The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council has announced the results of its Higher Secondary Examination, 2008 held in February-March showing a percentage of successful candidates of ten year high in the all the science, arts and commerce streams.

The percentage of successful candidates in arts stream is 65.33 per cent, and the figure stands at 80.73 per cent in science. The percentage of successful candidates in commerce stream is 69.96 per cent.

Out of 15,093 candidates in science stream, 4,629 candidates have secured first division, 6,368 in second division and the successful candidates placed in third division are 12,185.

In arts, the number of candidates appeared is 1,37,270 and out of these candidates 5,882 have secured first division 21,397candidates have been placed in second division while altogether 89,679 candidates have come out successful in third division.

Altogether 10,429 candidates appeared in commerce stream and 1,142 candidates have secured in first division, 3,774 in second division and 7,296 candidates have been placed in third division. Girls are continuing the lead the boys in the number of successful candidates in both science and commerce. But in the arts stream, the number of successful boys’ candidates more than that of the girls albeit slightly.

The first of the top ten candidates in arts has secured a ten year high of total 449. The candidate in the same position in science stream has secured 430 which is a ten year high. Same it in the case of the first position holder in commerce stream who has obtained 456.

Jorhat tops the number of successful candidates in arts stream with 72.89 per cent. In commerce stream, the position goes to Hailakandi with 86.74 pr cent and Dibrugarh tops the science stream with 88.96 per cent successful candidates.

Comments

bikash das's picture

I want to know results of HSLC examination 2008 of Roll No. B08-129 0122

Pages

Add new comment

Other Contents by Author

Indefinite curfew has been imposed in Chirang district following the fresh outbreak of group clash where six more people were killed on Saturday. Additional security forces were rushed to the spot and the area sealed. More and more forces have been rushed to the district to efficiently deal with the situation.
Suggesting a rerun of violence in BTAD areas, six people were stabbed to death in Chirang district on Saturday.The incident took place at around 5-30 in the evening at Chaoudharipara at Bijni in the district. The bodies were dumped beside an abandoned vehicle in the evening. Security forces have reached the area and massive operations are going on to nab the culprits.With this, the total number of people killed in the violence has gone up to at least 85.
Karnataka deputy chief minister R Ashoka said that his state is safe and secured for north east people. Addressing a press conference in Guwahati on Saturday, Ashoka, who also holds the home portfolio said that those willing to return to Bangalore would be able to leave by train free of cost. He is also scheduled to visit Manipur on Sunday.
Karnataka deputy chief minister R Ashokaon Saturday met Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and briefed him about the steps taken by his government.Ashoka, who is leading a good will team to north east Karnataka government had contacted firms whose employees fled and promised to take them back in their previous jobs. He said 22 arrests have been made by Karnataka police so far and 17 cases registered. Of these, five were arrested for their alleged involvement in circulation of provocative SMS and video.
Assam Rifles on Saturday said that North east militants have shifted their bases to Myanmar in the face of crackdown by the Bangladesh security forces. Talking to reporters in Agartala on Saturday, Assam Rifles Inspector General Satish Dua said security forces have been asked by the Centre to maintain a strict vigil about the movement of the militants in the region.
Chief Minister’s anti corruption and vigilance cell unearthed a huge amount of money and some ornaments during a raid it conducted at a house in Guwahati on Saturday. The raid was conducted at the residence of a block development office who works at Mayong in Morigaon district. Led by superintendent of police Raunok Ali Hazarika, the 12 member team reached the BDO’s residence in Hatigaon area and found rupees and dollars of Rs 27 lakh put inside even flower bash and pillows. Investigation is going on.
Ending all speculations Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma resumed duty in Dispur on Saturday. Dr Sarma who withdrew his resignation on Friday signed a few NRHM files at his office on Saturday. But he refused to speak to the media. On August 15, Dr Sarma put in his papers without any formal comment. Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi also did not make any formal comment on Dr Sarma’s resignation. On Friday evening he called on Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi at Koinadhara where he wanted to take his resignation letter back.
Dr. Phani Sharma Commemorative Talent Award for Sports for the to a promising sportsperson of the state. Year 2012 held on Auguast 23 at Anuradha Cineplex, Guwahati. This year’s award was given to Pwilao Basumatary, a promising Boxer of from Kokrajhar. The award carried a onetime grant of Rs.1,00,000. The event was attended by the Chief Minister TarunGogoi as the Chief Guest, Minister of Panchayat...
Finally Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday called on Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi in a move to withdraw the resignation he tendered last week. After landing at the Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Dr Sarma straightly left for Koinadhara and called on the Chief Minister. According to sources, he let Gogoi know that he wanted to withdraw his resignation. But Dr Sarma is tightlipped on the entire political development. He on August 15 tendered his resignation. But he did not make it public.
Kakopathar police station in Dibrugarh district of Assam had a narrow escape when suspected ULFA militants lobbed a powerful grenade on Friday. The grenade attack took place at around 9 at night which exploded with a huge sound just a few meters away from police station. There is no report of any casualty as the grenade missed the target. Top ranked police officials arrived in the spot and a vigorous operation is going on to nab the culprits. But no outfit has so far owned up the responsibility.