Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Contractors gherao irrigation official

Hundreds of irrigation contractors from four district of the council gheraoed BTC officials including Principal Secretary Anupam Kumar Roy  demanding release of arrear bills in the secretariat of council in Kokrajhar. 

The contractors alleged that council concern department administration has responded partial and released amounting of several funds among liked contractors of which why large number of contractors deprived their allotted funds. 

According to contractors there are still pending of 30 crores under 2009-2010 and 139 crores under 2012-13 from irrigation department which was sanction from AIBP scheme, besides huge amounts are not released. The contractors alleged that concerned executive member and officials released the sanction fund on exchange of money among some selected contractors. They demanded early released of pending wealth which are to yet to get from concern department. They expressed serious concern over discrimination attitude as department official partially distributed all released from among some selected persons. 

They charged that officials saw a discriminated attitudes while distributing allotted funds. 

The contractors gheraoed BTC officials at secretariat office chamber and later officials held a meeting with contractors and shared about release of fund from  department. 

Anupam Kumar Roy, BTC Principal Secretary said that the council has released 170 crores with amounting of 40 percent under 2012-13 year among contractors and remaining 60 percent funds will be make shortly and processed has started through the official. He said that allotted funds were distributed among contractors as per directed from council. 

Author info

Hantigiri Narzary's picture

Reporting from Kokrajhar

Add new comment

Republish

Republish this content

Random Stories

3 Years Old Girl child rescued from being sacrificed to Godess KALI

30 Oct 2011 - 3:20pm | Pankaj Sharma
In a shocking incident of superstition related to sacrifice of a girl child, one Basanta Sarma was, arrested Thursday (Octpber 27) on charges of kidnapping a minor child from Tezpur for the...

AGP, CPI file nominations

19 Mar 2014 - 7:57pm | AT News
Two more heavyweights filed nomination papers in Jorhat on Wednesday.The first candidate to have filed nomination papers was BK Handique to be followed by Pradeep Hazarika in the afternoon....

New cricket academy at Guwahati

27 May 2012 - 12:52pm | Swapnil Khound
A new academy for Cricket was in recent times opened at the RG Baruah Sports Complex, Guwahati. Assam Cricket Association (ACA) vice president Dr Brajen Gohain inaugurated the academy on May 25....