UDALGURI: At least sixty people including women and childrens ,were admitted for a suspected case of food poisoning in Panery Subsidiary Health Centre in Panery of Udalguri district on Saturday. They are said to have consumed prasads(offerings) at Pub-Panery Bishnu Mandir as a part of monthly Naam-Prasangas on Friday night following which the devotees including a good number of women and children suffered from dizziness and vomiting in mid-night. The patients were rushed to the health centre where they are undergoing treatment. Students body members and locals in large number also visited the patients to take stock of the situation. "We took part in the naam-prasanga and consumed chickpea and Laddu which were part of prasads,following which I along with my two childrens suffered uneasiness and vomiting", said a patient Lakhi Priya Lahkar. Meanwhile the conditions of the patients are stated to be stable informed attending Ayurvedic doctor Santosh Singh Yadav.
Add new comment