Call for Submission
The Northeast Green Journalism Award
Honouring outstanding reporting on the environment
Assam Times seeks submissions from mid-career/ mid-level journalists in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura on environmental reporting for the First Northeast Green Journalism Award, 2013.The award will be given to professionals associated with print, online, radio, television and photojournalism.
Journalists must submit:
- Five samples of their original work for print and online; three samples for radio and television; four sets of complete photographic narratives for photojournalism; or four samples of a combination of all. Submitted samples should preferably be dated between January 2011 to March 2013.
- Any other material to prove commitment for environmental journalism and consistency in environmental reporting.
- A detailed CV.
- The reports can be in any of the languages in the region. Vernacular reports should be translated to English for convenience of the judges.
- Each print article should not be longer than 1,500 words.
- Any audio or video report must be of 15 minutes duration. Longer reports should be reduced to 15 minutes for submission. English voice-overs or sub-titles should be added in case of non-English reports.
- Photo stories should have at least 8 photographs (max. 15) with accompanying text and captions.
We prefer electronic entries emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 12, 2013. Material that is not suitable for online submission should be couriered to:
NEEPME, House No 26, Near AGP Office
The First Northeast Green Journalism Award, 2013 award will be presented on 5 June 2013.
This award is an initiative of Assam Times, a new media collective, to recognise and honour commitment and consistency in environmental reporting in the region.