Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Five fall ill after eating chapattis

Five persons of a family have been found ill after they ate chapattis in Jorhat district on Sunday. The five member family of Ward No 2 of Jorhat town complained of stomach ache, nausea and vomiting after they had their dinner last night and were admitted to the Jorhat Medical College Hospital.


The family members complained that the chapatti tasted bitter and could have been contaminated. The members have been identified as Piyolal Banik, Chandana Banik, Sanjoy Banik, Gitu Banik and Babu Banik. The Jorhat Food Inspector has seized the remaining flour of which the family bought from a particular shop in the area and the shopkeeper was picked up for interrogation.

Author info

editor's picture

Please send your comments to editor@assamtimes.org

Add new comment

Republish

Republish this content

Random Stories

Purohit appointed Assam Governor

17 Aug 2016 - 3:08pm | AT News
Veteran political leader Banwari Lal Purohit will soon take oath as Assam Governor. President Pranab Mukherjee has cleared the name of the former Congress veteran and now BJP leader on Wednesday....

Dispur Hospital conducts media clinic

3 Sep 2017 - 9:48am | AT News
The Dispur Hospital conducted the weekly evening OPD clinic at Guwahati Press Club on Saturday (2 September), where Dr Raj Dutta (medicine) offered free consultations to the participants. Organized...

Girl taken ill after taking iron tablet

9 Oct 2015 - 9:41pm | Siddhartha Handique
In yet another incident that forces many people to shy away from Tejswi, a minor is battling for life in Golaghat minutes after she was administered folic acid. The incident took place at No 1...