Khiro bora, a 60 year old man battling with throat cancer lived with his son and daughter-in-law at Raha in a rented house for a long time. He was originally from Morikolong Dhepajan village under Nagaon Sadar Police Station. He had worked in a hotel at Raha as cook before he fell ill.
When Bora became the victim of cancer his son Dwipen who was a bus conductor could not manage money to treat his father. Bora’s health gradually started deteriorating and a bad smell emanated from the wounds in his neck. There was no one to stand by him even his son and daughter-in-law also tried to avoid him.
The owner of the house where Bora and his family lived in , too forced Bora and his family to leave the room because of the smell of his throat. Having no other option Bora’s son later left him alive in a cremation ground to die. The victim passed five nights in the cremation ground waiting for death.
When a team of local students’ organizations came to know about Bora’s condition they approached local health centre for latter’s care.
“ The health personnel also refused to go near Bora because of the smell of his throat” said an eyewitness to this correspondent.
On Wednesday afternoon Bora was sent to Nagaon civil hospital in 108 ambulance with his son and house owner Upen Patar as attendants by police.
It might be mentioned here that neither police nor any health officials has allegedly visited the cremation ground to attend Bora till on Wednesday.