Skip to content Skip to navigation

Mother-son electrocuted in Udalguri

 

TANGLA: In a tragic incident, a mother and her son got electrocuted by unauthorized electric cable laid by villagers to deter the wild elephants at Majuligrant village along the Indo-Bhutan border in Udalguri on Sunday morning. According to reports, Khargeswari Kachari (43) wife of Dehi Ram Kachari a native of the aforesaid village along with her class seven standard son Kanai Kachari (12) went to graze cattle in a nearby field when the mother came in contact of live high voltage electric wire. The mother died instantly while the minor in a bid to save his mother tried to push her away but meet a tragic end. A pall of gloom has descended the region following the heart rending incident. The conscious circles have condemned and questioned the role of the electricity department for its failure to curb illegal electricity theft in the district.

Add new comment

Random Stories

Earth hour pledge

27 Mar 2018 - 5:59pm | AT News
GUWAHATI: WWF-India AAPSO HS launched #GIVE UP TO GIVE BACK initiative in keeping with Earth Hour 2018 activities. The campaign aimed at inspiring organizations, institutions and individuals to make...

Focus on pathetic plight of NH 38

4 Jan 2018 - 8:52pm | AT News
MARGHERITA: More than 200 AASU leaders and activists blocked the National Highway No 38 in Margherita on Thursday for one hour demanding immediate steps to repair the vital road which has been lying...

7 fall ill in food poisoning

17 Jun 2012 - 2:02pm | editor
At least seven persons, including a 13 years old boy were hospitalized due to possible food poisoning at Patgaon bazaar in Kokrajhar district on Saturday. The incident took place at a market when the...